More New York

Outside the New York stock exchange...

From last nights HUMBUG talk at the Strand. The camera I had always shoots out an orange beam for light detection, this isn't a good idea when your subject is 20 feet away, it's dark and there are about 50 people wondering what the hell that is. I only got the one photo. Was an interesting event, it's always good to hear even these top illustrator/cartoonists struggle to balance art and commerce.

A friendly panda near Wall St. he didn't even seem to be selling anything or promoting anything, just a guy dressed in a panda suit.

Chinatown has the best crap in town. My $5 umbrella felt like light aluminium and regretted the purchase minutes after the 'bargain'.

The bumper stick reads $10,000 Reward for arrest and conviction of shooting a police officer. 1-800-COPSHOT to report it!


Cartoon kids on the back of an ice cream van, it's now freezing cold and very wet. The picture presents the exact opposite of what I'm seeing on the faces of people here and I think it has nothing to do with the weather.

2 comments:

alex dron said...

haha laser camera..I'm sure you can turn that function off

The ComicBook Factory said...

I'll figure it out, no damage done :)