Short Film - Pre-production

I've started on a new short film which I'll post about from time to time. So far the script (which is nothing more than a list of sequences) is written and I'm in the middle of storyboarding and character design. I'm expecting it to be about two minutes total length and should take me about a year to complete depending how much 'real' work gets in the way.
Here's some concept art for one of the main characters, a little thug...

At the moment he's still a generic stock character, I'm pretty sure he'll evolve into something very different by the time it's animated, looks a little too Happy Tree Friends crossed with the Big Boy Burgers mascot. Anyway, the main inspiration comes from this video I remember seeing when I was about 13, it's still awesome...

No comments: